New York-based writer and editor with extensive experience in news, features, print and digital projects, and a focus on arts journalism. Visit my LinkedIn profile for more.
- editorial direction/publications management
- social media/digital content
- content management systems/project management
- design and production, from A to Z
- photography/graphic design
- media relations
- meeting/event planning, red-carpet event management
- strategic planning and branding campaigns
- nonprofit operations/philanthropy
- board/membership/volunteer relations
- advocacy/public policy
Feature articles on issues including digital media innovations at arts organizations, audience development and marketing trends, economic pressures on the nonprofit world, and urban redevelopment. Two-time winner, ASCAP Deems Taylor Award for Excellence in Music Journalism.
Editorial support (original content, research, editing, formatting) on print, digital and multimedia projects for clients including Carnegie Hall, New York Philharmonic and the League of American Orchestras.
Case studies, advocacy reports, fact sheets and op-eds for humanitarian agencies including Save the Children, The Solidarity Center and the United Nations World Food Program, distilling detailed research into informative materials for wide distribution. Issues including climate change, sustainable agricultural markets, gender equity and workers’ rights.
Books (content and copy editing, photo research, design assistance) for Leonard Bernstein: American Original (HarperCollins) and The Opera Fanatic: Ethnography of an Obessession (University of Chicago Press).