Brooklyn-based writer and editor with extensive experience in news, features, print and digital projects, focused primarily on arts journalism.
Currently, as program editor at the New York Philharmonic, responsible for content and production of concert Playbills, also contributing feature articles, and program notes.
- Two-time winner, ASCAP Deems Taylor Award for Excellence in Music Journalism
- Past Editor in Chief/Managing Editor, Symphony Magazine
- Referenced as an authoritative source by numerous arts publications, writers and bloggers
Books (content and copy editing, photo research, design assistance) for Leonard Bernstein: American Original (HarperCollins) and The Opera Fanatic: Ethnography of an Obessession (University of Chicago Press).
Feature articles on issues including social/digital-media best practices for nonprofits and performing arts organizations, audience development and marketing trends, economic pressures on the nonprofit world, creative use of emerging technology, and urban redevelopment.
Case studies, advocacy reports, fact sheets and op-eds for humanitarian agencies including Save the Children and the United Nations World Food Programme, distilling detailed research into informative materials for wide distribution, including programs on climate change, sustainable agricultural markets and nutrition.
- digital and print media
- social-media content/trends/best practices
- content management/project management (digital, print)
- design and production, from A to Z
- photography/graphic design
- media relations
- meeting/event planning
- strategic planning and branding campaigns
- nonprofit operations/philanthropy
- board/membership/volunteer relations
- advocacy/public policy
AREAS OF FOCUS
- performing arts
- arts education
- new media/technology
- culinary arts
- interior design, home renovation